Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Rise Above...

     And just like that another weekend is over! Life just flies by these days... I had a very busy weekend!! I started my weekend off with an epic fall in the UCO  library, yes I said fall. As most of you know, I am trying to finish my bachelor degree which is in elementary education. The deadline to apply for the program was last Friday, and of course I was up there on the last day trying to get it all done. I had a few bumps in the road last week while trying to finish up my application and get it turned in, which resulted in me rushing around like a crazy women! As I had finished up all the signatures, meetings, and the scheduling of interviews, I had it ready to go! All I had to do at this point was take my paper work to room 207... As I'm walking from the very back of a very crowded library, I completely lose my footing; and instead of just falling to the floor right then, I try to catch myself... this resulting in a completely ridiculous me flailing around trying to catch myself... At this point in my life, I was just glad I could get myself up and together to continue walking (30 more feet, might I add) out of this library and to my destination. I was and still am very sore from the wonderful fall... but, I got everything turned in on time and will be excited for this month of testing and interviews to be well on its way! 
    Saturday was Scentsy's annual "Spring Sprint", I love going to these types of events! I love motivational speakers, and I love to hear other peoples stories! It is amazing to hear how different men and women have been blessed, and in turn how they have been able to bless others! I am so excited about the opportunity ahead and can not wait to put everything I learned this weekend into practice!! Through direct sales, you are always hearing advice from other people, what works for them, how they run their business etc. and you can hear and write notes and be motivated all day long, but until you get up and put these "ideas" into practice all you will ever have is a dream. I think there is still so much to be accomplished in this business, so many ways we can be blessing other people and I am so excited about setting goals and achieving them (and hopefully blessing others along the way)!!! 
     Tonight my mind is on overload... from school, to the kids, to work, Scentsy, church, and bills bills bills!!! I was thinking about this weekend, about how I literally fell on my face, but some how got up and kept on going. In life (and in business),  we hit walls... barriers, obstacles, negativity... I know this all to well. I think it is during these times that we let ourselves fall short of what God has planned for us.These are the times we need to push forward and grow. One of the studies I am reading through my You Version app is called "living a divinely inspired life", (I told you I love motivation), today's reading began like this:
 "Break Barriers"

     "When you face barriers that threaten to hinder you from achieving your dreams, or you encounter obstacles that want to discourage you, GO HIGHER."
    
     "Rise above your circumstance in the spirit through prayer. Boldly approach the throne of grace and seek the grace and anointing of God to overcome everything that threatens your destiny."
    
     "Ask for the courage to break down barriers that have risen against you. Let God give you divinely inspired strategies to use in every situation."
     
    "Do not let anything or anyone stop you from reaching your divinely assigned moon."

Mark 2:3-6
Luke 19:2-4

     So this year I am going to set goals and dream big and pray though it all, because I know that the Lord has some great plans :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment