Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Monday, January 2, 2012

And it Begins... 2012

     So much has gone on in the few short weeks that I've written... Christmas... Christmas... Christmas...
We are so lucky to have so much fun on Christmas break. I do not know what I would do without having the hubby home for a good two weeks! Love his school breaks! We have so many Christmas celebrations it is unreal! Sometimes I find myself dreading the hustle and bustle but then again I totally enjoy the madness! We began this year with Grandpa Charlie and Grandma Carolyn's house, James got an awesome telescope, Henry and Charlie got talking big bird and super grover (which we brought with us everywhere for the rest of the weekend). We had yummy food and fun with family! Christmas morning at our home was next, my sisters came over to spend the night. After dinner we all piled in the minivan and went looking at Christmas lights! This will become a tradition! We went all over looking at lights... some were so bright I felt my retina's burning! On Christmas morning, my parents and grandparents came over at 7:30 to see the boys open their gifts... of course I was waking them up at 8:30 (they decided to sleep in). We all had several pots of coffee and watched my cuties open presents... Henrys reaction to everything was "WOOOOW!" He was so much fun! Charlie opened one toy and that was all he wanted... the "mater" out of the box...  After all the presents we all got ready for our delicious family lunch at the Richardson household. My grandmother has a tradition of making an amazing lasagna on Christmas day... I seriously could eat this everyday! It is my favorite thing to eat! After lunch we headed out to get James and bring him home to open gifts... he got some great stuff this year... Santa really does bring awesome gifts to good little boys! Then of course we were off to our final destination... Grandma Doris and Papa Rex's home. My boys love to go to see their grandparents... Justin has a HUGE family, he is the youngest of five boys and they all have multiple children :) There are 15 grandkids. Needless to say the kiddos have tons of fun! I can not imagine not having all these places to go and people to see on such a glorious day celebrating the birth of our King! I am so excited to have a young family of my own, start new traditions and continue old ones! This is what its all about!
     After Christmas we have a very important day to follow... Justin's birthday is December 30th... He was pleasantly surprised by my grandparents who gifted him a BRAND new sound system with speakers! (if only you could have seen the ghetto setup of a "sound system" we had before) I had no idea they were going to give this to him and he was like a kid in a candy store! We celebrated Justin's 34th birthday watching the Oklahoma Sooners with friends and family! (which as I am typing this very second he is now re-watching this game... I will never understand his love affair with football...) Other than getting to bed after 2am it was a great night!
     As for the new year ahead.... I can not believe it is already here! Time flies so fast as you age... this is true and especially when you have children and are as busy as us!!! I spent this new years eve at home with my baby boys... I think I was in bed before 10... (also the fun you have differs greatly when you become a mommy) Today is the first day in 2012 and it has been a great one! I got to start the day with my babies, go to church and hear the most beautiful voice lead us in worshiping our God! He has been so very good to us and I love more than anything praising him with song! Justin and I are beginning our diets today... we need to shed those pounds we gained over the holiday! It is nice to have a Sunday where we get to be lazy and hang out... (Although I spent most of my day studying for an interim class I am taking-which I will NEVER do again!) The boys all took long good naps and woke up ready to play! Tomorrow is one of our last days together before the work week starts up again... and school begins for James. We get to get our little James back tomorrow and I am so excited to see that boy! Well I am sure I will have many new adventures and stories in the future! Here is to 2012...

Happy New Year!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment