Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

01/17/2012

     What an exciting week I have had! A new semester means all kinds of new things for our family, our schedules are somewhat centered around each "semester"... This always means a new sports schedule for Justin, a new school/work schedule for myself and the boys (and my gmas) are adjusting to a new schedule themselves. I am so blessed and down right lucky to have such and incredible family who is helping us in a tremendous way this "semester"... grandmas keeping babies = free child care! Because I am not working much these days in the salon, and funds are kind of tight, it is so cool to see how the Lord provides in times of need. We always have more than we need and I will be forever grateful!

     As far as my school goes, this is my second week at UCO and I am loving it! I thought I would hate the long drive and the late nights, but it is giving me some time to myself, some quiet time, time to reflect and I have to say Although I miss my family terribly, I am growing to really appreciate those quiet drives to Edmond and back. I will be starting my first round of observations in a couple of weeks which excites me! Also, I am able to apply to the teacher education program for the first round of applicants (praying I pass the OGET)! I am starting to see a small light at the end of my education tunnel. On another note, Justin is considering finishing his masters.... He is a such a strong willed, smart, and successful man I know whatever he puts his mind to he will be great at. We are looking into different programs to see which best suits him and our family. I am beyond excited about this because it will only allow more positive opportunities to come his way. I am blessed beyond measure to have such a hard working hubby... I appreciate him so much. It is so crazy to think about life before him, I am so giddy to be sharing my life with him :)

     The boys are getting rowdy these days!!!!! I know God doesn't ever give us more than we can handle, but sometimes I am a bit fearful of how my future will be in this house surrounded by all these BOYS! ;) (I'm kidding... well kind of) Early on this week I caught the youngest two (2 & 1) 'trading hits' and cracking up... they push and shove and wrestle and they are only one and two.... Justin keeps telling me this is only the beginning.... Henry is becoming a bossy little two year old, I sometimes hear him scolding Charlie "Charlie Mann, NO SIR!' I usually remind him that he is NOT the mommy.... Charlie is learning new words every day but it at that stage where communication is some what of an issue... He knows exactly what he wants, but can't always let you know what that is,  so this results in lots of moments of an EXTREMELY frustrated Charlie. poor guy. We went over to my grandmothers today and he loved being outside and kept going over to the dogs to pet and play. James has now begun his second semester of third grade, I keep reverting back to the days when he was Henry's age and I can't get that vision out of my mind... I can NOT  believe he is a third grader!!! He is still as smart as a whip and loving the performing arts at the young age of eight. My boys sure keep me on my toes and I love them more than anything on this earth. Crazy how much love you can have for each one of your kids. :)

     As far as work goes... SCENTSY has some very exciting news they are sharing sometime Friday and I can not wait to hear details!!! They are going to be releasing new brands with new products for customers to buy and consultants to sell. This is going to be an incredible ground-breaking opportunity and I am so excited to be a part of such incredible happenings!!

     Well it is now past midnight and I should really be getting some rest... long day of work and school tomorrow. One last thing before I end here...  Justin and I are trying to come up with a devotional/reading plan that we can do together, we have never actually done this before. I have my own quiet time and he has his... but we are feeling led to do something together (quite honestly we should have done this long ago, but better late than never!) One thing I am feeling led to do right now is to pray more... and be a believer in my prayers. I pray on a pretty consistent basis, but I'm talking real intimate moments with God every single day. I absolutely believe in the power of prayer and I'm challenging myself to more of it! I read this scripture on my twitter feed today and it really spoke to me. Sometimes we don't understand why we are going through what's in front of us, in struggles and in good times, but God's plan is so much bigger than we could ever imagine. I know right now for our family, we are beyond blessed and we are so grateful for those blessings but there are times when I get down and confused, but tonight I am reminded that every moment we live God has a purpose and a plan for our lives. I am so grateful to serve such a loving, gracious, and faithful God.

Mathew 11:22 "...Have faith in God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment