Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

An eye opener...

     I don't even know where to begin... I can't believe I am about to share this with you but here it goes... Henry has been potty training (and doing quite well, might I add). Over the weekend we had to pull over on the side of the road to let him go pee, he couldn't hold it and we were in the middle of no where. So ever since then he has thought is was amusing to stand up to use the restroom (until then he had just been sitting). So for the rest of the weekend he has been standing up to pee and he comes and tells us every time so we can clap and cheer... So this morning as I am getting ready for church and the boys are playing, Henry comes running into my bathroom and begins to use the restroom... I decide to check on him just to make sure he's got every thing under control and then it happens... so fast I didn't even know what to think or do... some how, some way his stream of pee is shooting straight up in the air and hits me right in the eye!!!!! Yes, you read it right... my son peed in my eye!!! I didn't know where to begin... so I rinsed out my eye and cleaned Henry up. The things that happen to you as a Mom... This was a real "eye opener", I would have never thought this could happen. I have had lots of advice about how to potty train a boy, but no one ever told me "watch out for your face"!!!!

     In other news I had a two hour nap today thanks to my hubby! What a wonderful man :) So I am probably going to be wide awake for quite some time. We had a pretty great day. I was extremely late for church this morning... which is so disappointing because I really look forward to the worship all week long and of course that is what I miss when I am running late. This evening we got out the video camera and recorded the boys all playing together. What fun it is to watch them with each other. They are so entertaining. I hope one day they will be able to look back and see how adorable they all were at this sweet age.

     This week Rose State College begins, I am taking two classes there because they are half the price of UCO. It is nice to be close... stay close, go far right?!?! As this week begins, so does my grind of being a full time student. My schedule this semester is a little more demanding and intruding. I will be doing my first round of observations this semester and that is thirty hours outside of everything else we have going on. I know I will make the time and with God's help, it will all work out... this will be interesting! Here's to a new great week ahead...



No comments:

Post a Comment