Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekend Oh Weekend...

    Oh there is so much to share... first off let me start by saying I am not a fan of board games... not at all. First of all I am absolutely terrible at trivia... especially pointless trivia and I get a bit embarrassed when put on the spot during some kind of "team" game, afraid of getting stuck just saying... "uhhhh..." Last night however Justin and I went over to the White's and we had so much fun! We never have a Friday night to hang out together, usually Justin is working one of his many jobs so there really isn't much fun to be had. So last night he was off work and I was off work Saturday (which never happens either) So I called my niece to come over and sit the kiddos. We hung out with some awesome friends and I have decided after last night and a trial run at trivial pursuit, I still dislike  board games (and I'm still no good at them) but, Taboo... I love. We had so much fun... we are so lucky to have such great people in our lives. We need to make more time to have nights like these!
     Today was pretty wonderful and productive! It was so nice to be home today with the fam... watching the boys play and dance... it makes my heart so happy. This is what life is all about :) I have been working in a salon for almost six years now. I have always worked on Saturdays and I have always hated that about my career. This week though I took off and stayed home with the family. I can probably count on one hand how many times that has happened. I really love my job, and even on Saturdays I love it once I get there, but I feel like I am missing out on so much when I am working on the only day that everyone else is off. Justin and I have never had the same days off. Saturdays I have always been at the salon and Sundays he goes into church before we ever wake up. We do have Sunday afternoons together, but usually we are so exhausted from our week we nap and do dinner then before I know it, its time for bed. It was so nice today to be able to sleep in, eat a big breakfast with my boys, and stay in my pj's until well after noon :) We deep cleaned each of the boys bedrooms and rearranged James' room. I don't know what it is about a freshly clean and organized space that makes me feel so accomplished, but it does  (it's probably because my life in general is unorganized and crazy). If only I could have got to my room today. :/
     My baby sister came home from OSU this weekend and is staying with us tonight... I love these nights that we get to hang out. It isn't very often but it sure is nice to spend time with her. I have been looking for gas friendly cars (if there is such a thing) ever since I started driving to Edmond twice a week and today I thought I had found an answer to my car prayers... So since Tayler was here she stayed with the boys for an hour or so and Justin and I went to look at a car that I had found online. Before we left, I asked God to make it clear to me whether or not to buy this car. It seemed a bit too good to be true. I even told Justin, I just need to go look at it... So we get there, they get the keys and we walk over to the car only for the sales man to get inside and the first thing he says is "I guess someone must have stolen the stereo..." So I'm thinking 'it doesn't have a stereo??!!'... then just as I'd asked, it could not have been more clear... the salesman's next quote... "I can't get this car into gear... what's wrong with this transmission..." I then silently just said a little "thank you Lord" ;) I honestly felt a little bad for the guy, but oh well. It's funny how God can speak to us in all kinds of little ways. I was once told by a Sunday school teacher that you shouldn't pray for silly things but I have to say I completely disagree. I think God wants to hear about everything in our lives and I love when God can speak to me or hold a bold presence in such an incredible way.  I am thankful to serve a faithful God.Where would I be with out him?? I just might have bought that "lemon" of a car... :)

     So tonight I'm encouraging you to speak to God about anything... believe in the power of prayer.

Matthew 21:22 "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."

Psalm 32:8 "The Lord says, 'I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you."

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment