Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Out on the Town...

     We began our evening in the minivan... (yes I drive a minivan and most of the time I actually like it), My how our lives have changed... If you would have told me I'd have three kids (all boys), a mortgage, and a minivan all by the age of twenty-five, I think I would have laughed out loud!!! I'm so in love with the life we have been given, never in a million years though would I have thought it would have worked out this way... (so thankful it did though)!!! So back to our evening out on the town...
     We picked up James from school, went to the bank, then decided to go out to eat with everyone (by everyone I mean the five of us, we are daring on a Friday night). I was not planning on going to dinner... I was still in the sweat pants and tee-shirt I had been cleaning in all day and not a lick of make-up... (Some how my hubby talked me into going) So we eat and the boys were very good, which makes me a proud momma... On our way out Henry tripped over his own two little feet while I was holding his hand and I look down only to notice his shoes are on the wrong feet!!! Who put those shoes on his feet??? ME!! Good grief!! So I tell Justin, I'll changed them when we get to the car... (or van whatever)... So then we are off to our next destination... TARGET!
     It is amazing to me how my two little ones always fight over who gets to sit in the seat in front, Henry cried because he had to sit in the buggy... Oh to be two again... I am sure we are a sight to see in Target with all of our kiddos... Henry is VERY loud saying every item he sees at the loudest volume he has, Charlie is usually trying to wedge his way out of the seat in front and I look back to check on James and he is lagging behind us reading a book he picked up in the dollar bin :) Oh how I love moments like these... it is so funny how much I love each one of those boys, and to see how different each child is!!
     Normally in my single, pre-mom days, I would go through each rack of clothes, shoes, stationary, and home decor.... now my Target days consist of walking straight past the clothes, shoes, etc. and immediately to the diapers, wipes, toothpaste, trashbags, etc.(and I still enjoy Target as much as I ever did before...) As I gathered up all of our staple items, we stop for a gift for our friend Preston (he is having an Angry Bird themed birthday party tomorrow and we are EXCITED!) and to the check out we go...
     On the way home Justin and I decided to treat ourselves to a little starbucks drink... full of unnecessary calories, but totally worth the cheat! As we are driving home, he and I were just talking about how great our kids were at the restaurant, how we just spent our Friday night running around town, how close to bed time it was, and then I asked him if he had seen the new ford taurus... and then he just started cracking up laughing... it is so funny how much our lives and conversations have completely changed... and we absolutely love it! Justin was telling me earlier today how incredibly happy he was right now, how sweet our lives were with our three kids. We are blessed!
     So I know I totally just bragged and blogged about how awesome our kids are and how much we love them and how blessed our life is and I'm sorry if that bored you to death... but I'm just a bit giddy tonight about my little family, its funny how everything works out :)

 So to end I'm going to share a few pics of our night out...


Henry wearing my shades 
Charlie boy... a little ray of sunshine
James with his new book... Oliver Twist

Oh yes and I forgot to let you know... I totally forgot to fix Henry's shoes and didn't realize this until we were getting dressed for bed!!! Mom of the year right here!!! HA!




No comments:

Post a Comment