Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Snow Day Ahead... (hopefully)

     Man does the weekend go by this fast for everyone??! I mean just as I feel like I get ready to settle down, it is 10 pm on a Sunday night and my eyes are burning and my body is screaming at me to "go to bed!!" This evening I am reminded of my school days, begging my parents to let me go stay the night with a friend so that when we woke up the next morning (on a snow day) I would have some entertainment... now I am still begging for a snow day but looking forward to having a day to relax and catch up on everything (my house needs to be cleaned in a bad way!). I hope when I wake up tomorrow we all get to stay in doors and find some much needed time to simply relax! I feel like a kid again when I look out the window and I am so giddy to see little flakes falling and sticking to the ground. :)  I have to give a little shout out to my amazing hubby... he is wonderful! Today I got a two hour nap!!! I can not tell you how amazing this sleep was! We both laid down to nap while the kids were resting and of course just as we begin to, one of the kiddos is up... and today it was Daddy to the rescue! (Yay for me!) 

     On another note, here are a few things I am loving right now...

     I love my church. I do not think I have ever felt this way about getting up for church on Sunday morning. As a kid, we really didn't go much... here and there and of course to the youth on wednesday nights. As an adult, I have really come to appreciate what our church is and what the people do here to make a comfortable place for us to come, learn, and worship. I am EXTREMELY thankful for a very special woman who is in the nursery with my kids every single Sunday, words can not express the gratitude I have for her. She is an angel. 
     I love to worship. I think my favorite part of a Sunday morning is praise and worship (I always hate when I am late because this is what I miss the most of!) I really love praising God with song. I love that even though I have a terrible voice, God finds beauty in it.  I also really enjoy hearing my husband lead, he is a gifted man and even though he doesn't always realize it, his talents are bringing glory to God and touching other people. I am very proud of my hubby. 
     I also love the message. No matter where you are in your walk with God or the life you live, somehow God finds a way to reach us all. We serve a mighty and powerful God. It is truly amazing to witness HIS works here. I love how today our pastor talked about marriage, but I also got something completely different out of his message as well. I love hearing stories from the bible and putting them to use in our daily lives. God is working in me everyday. He is working in my marriage, the raising of my children, and all the things I encounter daily. Put your hope in HIM, he wants to work in you and trust me He is faithful!


This song is from the set list today, it is dear to my heart right now...  Enjoy!


"HE is faithful, He is glorious and He is JESUS and all my hope is in Him, He is freedom, He is healing right now, He is hope joy, love, peace and life!!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment