Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Five Dollars...

Today was just another normal life in the day of Heather... The boys and I had a good day at home together. Wednesdays are my days at home with the kiddos. Today both kids slept for two hours and at the same time!! I love it when this happens- I actually get to be productive on days like today!! After dinner and Justin coming home, I went to a girls night out with some girl friends from work. We had a "gold party". People bring all their old gold jewelry- I have heard of these before but never participated in one. Unfortunately I do not have any ex boyfriends or husbands therefore I have no old jewelry to get rid of. Did you know that gold is worth almost $1800 per ounce??!!! I watched women walk away from this party with over $1000 in cash for a handful of jewelry they probably haven't worn in years, nor will they ever wear it again!!! I however had one pair of sterling silver earrings and one silver ring- you want to know how much money I took home.... $5!! Haha!! It was worth the fun with my girl friends though! And hey I bought a gallon of milk on my way home for the kiddos... luckily I had my five bucks ;) I think I will be hosting one of these parties in the near future... the hostess makes some nice mula her self! Anyway not too much exciting happening today- but I did come out ahead... $5 that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment