Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Charlie's Party

What a day!!! We began at Harrah Church this morning... new series, GREAT service. I have to say, I love my church. I love hearing Kevin preach and I love to hear my husband sing and worship our great God.  Witnessing my husband lead people in worship is one of my favorite things in this world. I may be a bit partial, but he is gifted in such a way- He's the best I've ever heard :) I love you babe! We rushed home after service and then began to prepare for our little guys big day. Everyone arrived about 3:00 and we started to party! He got some fun stuff... a basket ball goal (one for little guys of course) a scooter, clothes (which mom loves!) and lots of other great stuff! We had lots of people here and we had a great time. Charlie loved everyone singing him happy birthday and clapped when they were through. Then we gave him his own little cupcake and to town he went!!! He LOVED his chocolate cake! He ate that thing for over 30 minutes!! Icing and chocolate cake were everywhere!!!! We stripped him down and washed him off in the kitchen sink. I know I have said this several times and I will probably write about it several more, but I can NOT believe my baby is one! They all grow up too fast!! I was very happy with how everything turned out today- I don't know why I always stress out about how everything is going to work out... but it always does :) I love my life, my family, and my boys. I probably sound like such a mush, but when it comes to being a wife and a mom- I get a little mushy. I love em all! What a great day...
To end it off we went to Grandpa Charlies house (yes- my baby is named after his gpa's). My cousin James is in town from Afghanistan for some R&R... he has had a rough week- He was hit by an IED this past week and lost some very close friends. We are so lucky that God has kept him safe over there. He is here for two or three weeks and then back he goes :( It is my prayer that he is protected while serving our great country. He is a brave young man and I am very proud of him. I have several cousins serving in our military and I appreciate and look up to them very much. We had dinner and visited with my cousin James and family. My three boys had a little too much fun... they started off by playing in a small dirt pile then Grandpa got out the water hose. They were soo muddy and dirty!!! It so fun to watch your kids play and laugh together. What a blessing. Now everyone is in bed and its about time for me to call it a night. I start school tomorrow- hopefully I can handle it with everything else. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment