Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

'Tis the Season...

Is it really December??? I can not believe that the thanksgiving holiday has already come and gone! I absolutely love the holidays! When you have kiddos around it makes them so much more exciting and fun! This year after thanksgiving my dearest friend Ashlea and I decided to go black Friday shopping (well I decided I wanted to go and BEGGED her to come) It was a bit intimidating but SO much fun! I believe we will make a tradition out of this (she ended up enjoying herself as well).... We got so many great deals and the memories we made are priceless. I was lucky enough to be in a Wal-Mart while protestors began shouting... I about peed my pants! It scared me! I thought I was going to be shot... but I guess it made for a great story later.
So this week is the last of the college semester for me and I am one HAPPY GIRL! I am so thankful to be able to go to school and finish my degree and each semester that goes by I am one step closer to the finish line. I am looking forward to a much needed break!
The kids are cracking me up more and more as each day goes by! James gave us a great laugh this last weekend... As Justin was putting him to bed they were talking about prayer and James told his dad that he has decided to pray to Santa as well right now, (some of you might find this odd... but the innocence and pure honesty in a child makes me smile) Apparently a friend of his, Preston,  told him that "he had been bad lately and he really didn't think Santa was going to bring anything to him this year"... So our sweet little James said he'd been praying to Santa that he would at least take Preston one gift, even if he was bad this year he deserves some toys :) " Of course I called Preston's mom we had a good little laugh. Those kiddos keep me going! I wish I could be a fly on the wall when they are having conversation... Their idea of how the world is and works is so sweet... So if you are wondering if your kid's believe you when you "hang Santa over their heads" I think it is fair to say they believe. The past two weeks I have been fighting off my sweet little one year old from the Christmas tree... It is so hard to get mad at him when he is in such awe or when Charlie brings me a bulb from the tree and says "no no" in the sweetest little baby voice. Randomly I am finding Christmas ornaments around the house. Henry loves the tree he just says "its pretty mama!" and of course I hear the occasional "Don't touch it Charlie!" Henry also LOVES the lights! We took the kids to see Christmas lights and he oooed and ahhhhed at them all. All the kids especially loved going to Ash and Cory's house to see their Christmas extravaganza! They are way cooler than us... they have a train around the tree, which James loved to operate and they even have  Santa on the roof with raindeer and everything! I am loving this Christmas holiday already and we still have so much more ahead of us! Hopefully I can keep off the ten pounds I lost earlier this year.... if not.... Oh Well! I'm not missing out on my mother in laws delicious homemade chocolate candy, googoo bars are my fav! Thank you Doris Mann :)
On a more serious note,  as Christmas is upon us and the year of 2011 is wrapping up I am so thankful for the time God has given us and the people here that we get to share it with. It is so amazing how everything works out in His timing... my patience is tested daily on that note, but I know that His timing is always perfect :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment