Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good News!

     Being a mom is hard work! I know... I talk about being a mom and how adorable my kids are constantly, but I just can not help it. Those kiddos are my world. As I sit here eating breakfast with my kids, I can not be thankful enough for my healthy boys. We are blessed. Days like today are nice, I can actually enjoy my boys and not rush around like a mad woman trying to get us all ready and out the door!

     I have to share a sweet little story about my Henry boy. A few nights ago we were all getting ready to eat dinner, and I was trying to get everyone at the table to eat dinner together... as a family (with our crazy schedules, this doesn't happen very often so I try to soak it up when we are actually all together) I ask Justin "Are you going to pray?" He never had a chance to respond because little Henry just began to pray when his eyes shut as tight as he could get them... (and I quote, in the sweetest little two year old voice) "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for food, James, Charlie, Henry, Daddy, Mommy in Jesus name, Amen. Lets Eat!"  I am telling you right now I don't know if I have ever heard anything so sweet in my life. Definitely a proud mommy moment! 

     In other news, we went to see Santa a bass pro this weekend... James was trying to prepare Henry for Santa, telling him all about what Santa does. "He says HO HO HO! and he brings us presents on Jesus' birthday!" I told Henry after his nap we will go see Santa and he woke up came straight to me and said "Mommy I want presents and Santa" Although when we actually got there, Henry wasn't so sure about Santa Claus. All three boys did cooperate though. I have a beautiful picture of the kids with Santa. No body cried or screamed like last year. Henry since has been talking about Santa every day. He can also sing "Santa Claus is coming to town..." It is very fun. 

     I heard some very good news last week, one of my closest friends told me a little secret. I can't express the joy in my heart when I found out she herself was going to be a mother. I am so excited for her and her husband and their family! I am thrilled about the next several months that will follow with baby showers and gifts galore! I especially can not wait for her to get to experience the joys of being a mommy herself, for her to have that feeling of so much love in your heart you feel like you might explode! That feeling that you have when you meet your child for the first time and your feel a love like no other, a love you've never known before until that very moment! She will be such a wonderful mother and I am beyond excited for her. :) I also have the baby fever so I am going to get a little fix! 

      What should have taken twenty minutes or so has taken me almost an hour to blog... writing when the kids are awake is not the best time to do it, but sometimes you just gotta make it work! I can not believe there is only 11 days until Christmas!!! 

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment