Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Sunday, December 18, 2011

A+

     So this is my first Sunday in a long time to be LAZY!! The semester is officially over! I am able to hang out with my friends and family and not stress about what paper is due, what math homework I still have... etc! I have to pat myself on the back for a quick second... I earned 3 A's and 1 B... I am feeling very accomplished! Yesterday Jessica came over and she baked 'till we dropped, today she's back and better than ever (in baking terms). Today's treats include homemade caramel candies, rum balls, and s'more brownies... YUM.

     Today began like any other Sunday morning,  we all rushed around to get to church on time. Today was a good day- we were EARLY! This never happens in the Mann household... I'm doing good to barely make it in time most days :) Today at church our family decided to sponsor a young man from Wera, Uganda. His name is David, he was born in 1998 and he only has one parent living. We are excited about this new adventure and for the opportunity to have a positive impact on someones life. Oh how I wish I could do more... I know that the small payment of $34 a month is going to be huge in Davids life. This means food for this child every day! We take so many things for granted here. We have everything at our finger tips... I can not imagine not being able to provide meals every single day for my children. I am very thankful for our life and everything God has allowed me to have here on earth. I hope that Justin and I can teach our children the importance of giving back and how blessed they are. We are so grateful!
   
     Now it's off to dinner with the family... very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment