Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Friday, August 10, 2012

Wrapping Up Summer...

Is summer really coming to an end? It always feels like we just started our summer adventures when the end creeps up on us. Tonight was our last night for all of our family to be on break, Justin goes into work tomorrow, James goes next week and I go the following week. Too bad summer break doesn't stretch until the end of August?!

So much has happened this summer, I finished 13 hours of school. Justin began and finished his first semester of graduate school. Henry and Charlie started at our church's learning center, and in a week James will begin at a new school. We are full of and accepting change as it comes our way. As our schedule begins to go into full force, I am anxiously awaiting the routine.

Today I took Mr. Henry to get the staple removed from his head. Last week about ten minutes after I dropped off my kiddo's, the director at the child care center called my cell phone, (this is never good). Henry had fallen off a riding toy and hit his head. A rock had punctured a hole in his head and the rock was stuck in it!!! Talk about the longest ride of my life... to the center to get my boy!! As we arrived Henry was acting like nothing had happened, just as he continued to act in our four hour wait in the emergency room. That boy is so tough, as the doctor removed the rock, he screamed (which was more from us holding him down so the doctor could pry out the rock) but he only shed one tear!!! I am thankful for his toughness, I however was a complete mess.

A mother can never imagine anything bad happening to her child. You do not ever think about freak accidents happening to YOUR children. I am thankful that our accident was minor and he was all fixed up within a few hours and today his head is completely healed. The thoughts and feeling that went through my mind while driving to pick him up were horrific, and anticipating the pain he might endure while getting the rock out was treacherous... I hope that I never have to go through that again... (I am sure there will be more to come, but I can hope right?)

I pray for my kids ALL THE TIME, but I am pretty sure the Lord heard from me more that day than he has in a long time! I am just so grateful for these three boys, we are blessed beyond measure and I do not know how I can ever praise God enough for these blessings.

The crazy thing is... as much as we love our kiddos... God loves us even more... Can you fathom that kind of crazy love??

Forever Grateful.

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment