Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

August 18th, 2012

What a special day... I do not think I can put into words what this day was like, the ones that come to mind are incredible, miraculous, unbelievable... you get the picture!

The excitement from this day actually began on the 17th... I got up early that morning because I was observing the first day of school, (went through the day checking my phone several times) got home and the kids fed, bathed and in bed, relaxed a bit and just as I was dosing off I got a text from the BFF... contractions for several hours and just minutes apart, she was on her way to the hospital, it was GO TIME! The excitement began! I got out of bed and dressed only to find out my car wouldn't start... grrrrr!!! Luckily I have another best friend who so graciously came to pick me up and off we went to baptist hospital.

After a good twelve hours of labor (and not receiving an epidural for several hours makes it HARD labor), the world was about to be blessed with a beautiful little boy... I was so incredibly blessed to be able to be in the delivery room with Ash as her son made his debut into this world. I can not describe the emotions that went through me that day and even now as I am typing these words. I have always been a sensitive person, but put a baby story in front of me and I've lost it... the water works begin.

I am not exactly sure why this delivery has had me overcome with emotion for days now, but it has. I was so honored to be apart of such a special moment, I was proud of my sweet friend, I was nervous for her, I was excited and I pretty much cried like a baby through it all... Being present when a baby is born into the world is like nothing else I have ever experienced. It allowed me revisit my own deliveries and meeting my children for the very first time. It is so hard to believe that my time was so long ago. There is just nothing like becoming a mother and every single time and every single baby is just as special.

So I am so happy to say that Truman Jennings White was born on August 18th, 2012 at around 1:15 in the afternoon, weighing 8lbs and 21 1/2 inches long... he is beautiful and I love him.

So proud of you Ash! You are an incredible Mommy!

Psalms 127:3 "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him."





No comments:

Post a Comment