Pages

Life As I Know It...

This blog is simply my filter. My life as I know it. As a mom, a wife, a sister, a daughter and a friend. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Enjoy!

Monday, March 26, 2012

m.i.a.

     Oh dear blog how I've missed you! Writing my thoughts and memories of my family is such a joy for me! Why do I let it get away from me??? Well tonight I have so so much I would like to say so I am going to try and re-cap the last three weeks briefly... (is there such a thing?)

     Well after we finally all got over our puking sickness, we have been so busy and been having much fun with our boys! The weather has been unbelievable for March! We have spent most of our days outside playing... going on walks in the double stroller (which can be an extreme workout for me)... James started soccer and the weather couldn't be better!

     James' very first soccer game was this past Saturday and I am so proud of that boy!!! He is accomplishing so much at such a young age. The past few years he has participated in a few musicals with the high school, playing the kid role, this year he has taken up piano and he seems to really enjoy it! His most recent adventure though is soccer. He has not really been much for sports, but he is very excited about soccer! I am loving that he has found something that will keep him active and out doors for a bit! He did a great job at his first game, his little team won (the score was a lot of goals... to very little goals :) He would get so excited when they would score pumping his fists in the air, and while on the sidelines he was encouraging his teammates... loving every minute! His brothers were there on the sidelines to cheer him on... Henry kept yelling for "Jameser" "Go Jameser" "Run Jameser" it was too cute... while Charlie just kept trying to sneak on the field to join in on the fun himself. Our little James is growing up way way to fast but we are so proud of this little boy. What a joy he has been in my life. I can not put in to words how incredible blessed I am to be a part of this little guys life.

     Henry is growing like a weed. He will be three years old in July which is just four short months away! I can not believe three years have already come and gone with that little fella. He is so funny right now, he will talk your ear off too! He loves to watch movies, eat popsicles, play with cars and trains, ride his little four wheeler and play with his little brother. His newest thing lately is to play "pow-pow" which consist of him making a hilarious "serious" face and posing his arms like he is about to attack you. He does this ALL THE TIME. I have got to get a picture of this pose. He loves to be read to and he likes to read to you. He has "Brown Bear Brown Bear... " memorized which is so cute to hear him recite it. His favorite song is still "Oh Come All Ye Faithful", yet he refers to it as "Christ the Lord"... He request this song just about every time I put him down for a nap or to bed for the night. He likes for you to kiss (and he kisses his own) boo-boos and then it makes them all better. I love this little boy more than he will ever know. He has changed me for the better... he tests me, he needs me, and he loves me.There is no greater thing than love from your child.

     Charlie is getting closer and closer to being a two-year old. I could cry at the very thought of this. I feel like just yesterday we found out he was going to be joining us... a little tiny baby who has some how grown up to be two years old in the blink of an eye!!! I love this little boy. He talks non-stop now too! His words mostly consist of everyone and everything surrounding him. He likes to announce who is in the room (about ten times) he pulls you where ever he wants you to go... He LOVES fruit snacks and chocolate milk and popsicles, these three things alone could cure just about anything. He is such a good little napper... when we put him to bed he literally dives into his crib. He is a cuddly baby and I will forever cherish his little hugs that linger. His newest thing is saying "I love you" with hand motions.... it is the cutest thing ever! He will repeat just about anything you say. He loves cars, trains, and airplanes. He LOVES the outdoors as soon as he gets out of bed he would like milk and to go outside! He is such a morning person, happy and cheerful as soon as you get him out of the crib (unlike Henry, who needs a full glass of chocolate milk and some alone time before he talks to anyone). He also loves the word no... oh the joys of being 1 1/2.... What a sweet blessing this boy has been. I  love Charlie with all my heart...  I love to see he and Henry play together and help each other. Sometimes when one is hurt or in time-out the other goes and checks up on his brother. This is probably the sweetest thing I've ever seen. These two are bound to be close. I love my kids more and more each day. I love each one of their individual personalities. I love how they take care of each other and play together (even James gets down and plays with the little ones... its music to my heart). After having one child it is hard to imagine just how you could love another... but this is the mystery of being a mother, some how God gives us an incredible gift- that of motherly love and there is so much of it sometimes you fill like you could just explode. The more kids I have, the more love I have, the more joy we all have. It is truly incredible.

    This week is our first after a very full spring break. We went to the lake for a few days, the boys went fishing and we went on a boat ride... we had some days lounging around the house, watching the OKC Thunder play and James' soccer game. Too much fun for one week! I'm sad that it has come to an end but so glad to have all the memories we created! Charlie had his 18 month check up today and all is well... he is a healthy little guy. I am so thankful for my children and my husband (who puts up with the good, bad and ugly). I do not know how in the world I landed such a great man to call my hubby, but I did. He is my rock, with out him I would not be the mother/woman I am today. I am stronger because of him and I love him with all my heart.

     Well I could go on and on about my little family but we all have to be up bright and early tomorrow so I best go to bed and get some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment